Nordia Springs maintains its place as one of the world's leading spring manufacturers not only through its ingenuity and creativity but also because of its rigorous standards of quality. As a member of the Institute of Spring Technology (IST) in the UK, we are exposed to the latest innovations and the most effective approaches in quality assurance. At Nordia, we impose a strict quality control program and continually meet the requirements of the most demanding of industries i.e. the automotive and aeronautical industries.
Nordia Springs holds the following international quality assurance certifications:
- ISO 9001: 2008
- AS 9100 Revision C & BS EN ISO 9001: 2008
- ISO/TS 16949: 2009
- ISO 14001: 2004
- OHSAS 18001: 2007
Modern raw materials
The quality control process starts even before production begins. We use only raw materials produced with the latest technologies to the highest standards. These materials include "super clean", Monel K-300, Copper, Beryllium and waved wire.
Testing Equipment and Software
The test lab at Nordia Springs is equipped with the most up-to-date analytical and measuring equipment and advanced testing software. However, equipment alone is not enough. Our experienced QC staff are trained to operate the test equipment with skill and precision.
The QC Process at Nordia Springs
Our success in achieving continued high standards of production is based on adherence to a program with the following components:
- FMEA. Cross-team management meetings are conducted before the initial production process to anticipate possible failures.
- Control Plan. Before each serial production is launched a detailed control plan is prepared to ensure the final product will conform exactly to the drawing parameters.
- Ongoing Monitoring. Throughout production, a dedicated QA unit is responsible for monitoring the production process from the stage of receiving the raw materials until the final stages of production. Detailed statistical reports are produced and examined during and after every serial production.
- Specialist Sub-Contractors. Certain production runs have requirements that require expertise in a related area of production technology like heat treatment or plating. We work only with the top companies in their respective fields to achieve the highest level of treatment and finish.